In the context of SmartAgrifood2, during the open invitation to SMWEs intended to find a sub-beneficiary of the project, NEUROPUBLIC submitted two proposals, which were evaluated by independent evaluators and were selected among many others.
SmartAgriFood2 is a combination of collaborative projects and coordination and support actions of the agricultural field. It is phase 3 FI-PPP (Future Internet PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP) project, with the aim of creating a software ecosystem for the development of smart services and applications in the field of agricultural foodstuff via a B2B collaboration platform.
The goal of this collaborative action is to establish a smart agriculture ecosystem, through which:
- farmers will enhance their business with reasonable prices, smart applications and novel support services.
- software providers will be supported in developing smart applications and services and promote them in the global market at affordable prices.
- the projects covers three representative subfields: arable agriculture, horticulture and livestock
The proposals of NEUROPUBLIC have been assessed by the evaluation committee and the supervising advisory council, and have been proven to fully meet the requirements of the invitation.
The proposed applications of NEUROPUBLIC are the following
- GAPP – The Greening APPlicationThe GAPP application deals with the green direct payment, allowing the European producers to comply with the requirements for the “greening” of the new CAP. The development of the product will facilitate the conformance and evaluation of the producers. Specifically, the GAPP ICT product comprises of two separate applications/services, the EFA Calculator and the Crop Diversifier. The first application checks whether a producer possesses the required amount of EFAs that excuses the green direct payment. In case of non-compliance, the application recommends the necessary actions for the eligibility of the producer for such subsidies. In the same context, the second application checks whether the producer conforms to the crop diversification rule and proposes the actions needed to be taken in case of non-conformance.
- PEGAPP Permanent Grassland ApplicationPEGAPP deals with the green direct payment through a product that facilitates the compliance of European producers owning livestock with the greening requirements of the new CAP concerning the maintenance of permanent pasture. Namely, the PEGAPP ICT product allows the development of viable plans for managing grassland. The core idea of the project is based on the development of an application aimed mainly at agriculturalists (without excluding agricultural producers), in order to help beneficiaries who declare pastures (within the framework of community aids applications) to maintain these pastures for the next three years without serious variations (continuing to conform to the greening measure).